Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with Cannister

Article about: Hello, Here's a helmet I purchased recently from the family of a WW1 veteran. It came with a nice gasmask and cannister with the straps still intact. I was able to carefully remove an old di

Default M-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with Cannister

Hello,

Here's a helmet I purchased recently from the family of a WW1 veteran. It came with a nice gasmask and cannister with the straps still intact.

I was able to carefully remove an old display label with scotch tape that had been placed in the forehead area on the helmet many years ago, without damaging any of the paint. The label reads: "World War I German Helmet"

There's also at least 1-fingerprint in the paint from the German soldier who painted this helmet, clearly visible on an ochre color paint panel.

Best Wishes,

Alan

M-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with Cannister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with Cannister
    P
    Many

Here are some shots of the gasmask and cannister.

Best Regards,

Alan

M-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with CannisterM-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with Cannister

?

a beautiful example of a Camo.
    Its a shame about the liner but the exterior makes up for that 2 fold.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Great pick up Alan. Helmet is beautiful. Well cared for but a nice aged patina to it. good job removing the tape.

The mask and canister are in fantastic shape. How is the leather? Looks intact and soft.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very striking steel banded M16 camo Alan! Congratulations.

Nice vibrant ochre colours and a lovely patina! Of note is the hessian imprint on the front right side of the dome. I’ve seen numerous examples of this and it has previously been attributed to being rested on hessian sand bags or similar, soon after painting and is a nice little extra piece of history! The gas mask is also very nice. Would love to see some photos of the helmet in the sunshine when you get a chance.

Andy
    M-17 Camo Helmet with Very Nice Paint + Gasmask with Cannister

Thanks very much for your nice comments Phil, Michael, and Andy, I appreciate it!

Yes, the leather gas mask is still nice and supple.

I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days to shoot the helmet in the sunlight outdoors and add some photos here.

That's great info Andy about the Hessian sand bags imprint on the paint, I didn't realize this.

Best Wishes,

Alan

A once in a life time find.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A once in a life time find.
    Yup.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a good looking camo
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-28-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks so much Gunny, Michael, and Greg, I appreciate it!

All the Best,

Alan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast