Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Camo Helmet

Article about: I feel something is very off with this helmet. Is it real? Also I am going to buy a book about camo helmets soon.

Default M16 Camo Helmet

I feel something is very off with this helmet.
    Is it real? Also I am going to buy a book about camo helmets soon.
    M16 Camo HelmetM16 Camo HelmetM16 Camo HelmetM16 Camo HelmetM16 Camo HelmetM16 Camo HelmetM16 Camo Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Interesting.....

Could it be real?

not sure.

anyone else? where is it ?

The seller is from the Uk, and told me she is no expert in militaria and said it could be a fake camo or a fake shell. The shell looks a bit weird in my opinion.

Real example vs camohelmet . The split pins on the camo helmet looks like the 1943 splitpins. As for the helmet/bell it looks a bit off.

M16 Camo Helmet
    M16 Camo Helmet

Pretty crappy photos, but based on these, the shell does not look like an Imperial German shell and the camo is not original in my opinion. The vent lugs look too thick and the style of paint application is not what you would expect to see within the wide realms of WW1 Camo helmets. The liner band does not appear to be of the same style and thickness as the 1917 replacement for the M16 leather band. I believe the shell to be some type of replica.

Andy

MAP
    ?

I've moved this to a new thread in order not to get confused between the two helmets.

1 helmet per post please.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would run away from this one. Liner is not Imperial WW1. Paint job is not time period. The name Kurt Hermann is intact but the rest of the inside is pitted. Are there maker marks?? And better photo's?

Cheers Paul