Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M16 G.62 from an attic in Bavaria

Article about: First M16 (or WWI helmet for that matter) I ever bought and it was a quick decision, too. Found it on eBay Kleinanzeigen for cheap(160 with shipping) and decided to call the advertiser immed

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    As for unit markings, there was an Infanterie Regiment 142, could that be what the 142 is for?
    It is possible it refers to this regiment, not sure about the 11/2 as there was no 11 Kompanie as far as I know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 G.62 from an attic in Bavaria
    P
    Many

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Prima! The intact liner with the pads is really a plus since these are often badly damaged or missing altogether. You still have the hardware for the chin strap intact as well. The chin straps deteriorate so fast - it is very hard to find a decent one. You may wish to have a reproduction made for display purposes but even without it this is an excellent example. Neil
    Thanks, Neil!
    I was considering that but I think I'll leave it as is.
    A new chinstrap that doesn't fit too well condition wise would not really fit and as it is it already looks pretty nice.

As for unit markings btw, maybe the 142 is a rack number or maybe it's 11. Kp / 2. Btl Inf.Regt. 142 but that's just random guessing.
    Luis

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    It is possible it refers to this regiment, not sure about the 11/2 as there was no 11 Kompanie as far as I know.
    hmm could be, I just got an eMail from that the helmet possibly belonged to the sellers father-in-law Franz Schmid though it could be that he is mixing up WWI and WWII I don't know, but they don't really know for sure who it belonged to, hopefully I can find it out though.
    Luis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3