Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M16 shells, rare?, good condition?

Article about: Are these M16 shells in good condition?, and are they rare/sought after?

Default M16 shells, rare?, good condition?

M16 shells, rare?, good condition?Are these M16 shells in good condition?, and are they rare/sought after?

M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 shells, rare?, good condition?
    P
    Many

Hi Kaikun,

The first and the last are relics with overpainted. Not very collectable with the paint IMO. Second one looks like it has the original paint used by the Finnish Army during the Winter War and after. That one is collectable and looks nice. Would be better with a Finnish liner.

Cheers Paul

They all look good and as said first and last are repainted relics, but on the other hand if their a good price I would pick them up.

MAP
    ?

Definitely, the 1st and 3rd are ones to pass on if you are looking to purchase.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the information, the olive green is very badly painted and it looks like its mostly a rusty shell, I am thinking about stripping the paint and try to start a presarvation process to stop the rust. Is this a good idea? Also I have a strange liner for the grey one, I just ordered a brand new M16 liner with new chinstrap posts and split pins. Should I stick with the original liner(the strange liner) or the correct M16.

Best regards Kai

I would like to restore the rusty Shell like my M35 modell, which was also a real rust bucket. M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition? M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?

The strange liner M16 shells, rare?, good condition?

I also have another green one which seems to be in a better shape, what att your thoughts? M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?M16 shells, rare?, good condition?

I think the strange liner is a original Finnish or post war Bundeswehr liner. Last helmet is also a repaint as for the liner, Swedish??

Cheers Paul

Oops No time to look it up. I have to go to work.

Cheers Paul

Original shells but I think at best, these would make good re- enacting helmets as their collectibility has unfortunately been deminished with the post war paint and general condition. If you want an untouched original example be patient as they are still out there.

In the finnish helmet I can still make out some original paint under the field gray colour, also the helmet is really solid. You can even make out how they formed the helmet.Should I try to carefully bring out the original shell colour?.

Picture of the form of the helmet

Heating B1 747

New M1916 Liner(saving the finnish liner)

New chinstrap posts on the way aswell.