Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?

Article about: So I bought this M16, and got some new photos from the seller. What do you think about this example?

Quote by Kaikun2001 View Post
    I have just purchased gloves and will handle everything with care, my cellar is very cold and dry. And does not get very humid. I could also store my helmets at the top floor, but as the weather in sweden is piping hot, my collection room uppstairs gets very warm, is it best to store everything at the top level?

Best regards Kai
    Its not really wise to store metal in a cold environment, it is asking for trouble. The oily fingers on metal thing is more dangerous to firearms and bladed weapons than to helmets. The acid can eat a superb impression of one's finger print into the metal of a blade or a firearm. A good gunsmith always has an oily rag in his overall pocket for wiping down arms. But any care taken when handling is a good idea for preservation of any artefact. Although many collectors frown upon it, a light coat of beeswax applied to a helmet will help preserve it. It is also easily removed without damaging the helmet. Many museums use this to protect their exhibits from corrosion., but it is a personal choice thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?
    P
    Many

Cracking Imperial German M17 such a nice paint and patina look to it,well done on getting this..............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2