Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 Stahlhelm shell questions.

Article about: Howdy everyone, I got this shell as a gift about 10 yrs ago and was wondering what you thought. There are no stamps on the inside so if anyone has any ideas about manufacture or size it woul

CSW
    ?

I'm sure you've already inspected the helmet well, but please take one more look here, right next to the strap post:

M16 Stahlhelm shell questions. M16 Stahlhelm shell questions.

The stamp might be difficult to find and read as they often are. A beautiful helmet anyway!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Stahlhelm shell questions.
    P
    Many

Yep I’ve looked and looked and looked and I see nothin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Stahlhelm shell questions.  

Hey fellas! I was a bright sunny day so I brought the old shell out to look a little more. Found the steel roll number. BI 241. So that would indicate Oberschlesien,Bismarckhutte? Is that correct? Still can’t see the manufacture mark. Is there anything out there that lists the manufacturers that used this steel? Thanks in advance. Y’all have been a big help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Stahlhelm shell questions.  

Yes, correct. Bi was the plant that milled the steel, however I’m not aware of any lists as such that would show a correlation with which factories used steel from which particular plants to produce helmets if that is what you are asking? Certainly there are some correlations but generally factories would use steel from a variety of plants depending on a multitude of factors.

Regarding the manufacturers code, I’ve read that there were exceptions with some helmets not having a code. And has can be seen in surviving examples, some were struck light and some so hard like an example that I have where the stamp can be seen on the outside. So, it stands to reason that some could have been missed too.

Andy

Thanks Andy. That is what I was asking. Thanks for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2