MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

mask elephant ww1

Article about: Hello everybody, here is an interesting mask, what do you think the mask is good? Elefant Maske 1wk helm helmet sniper elephant mask ww1 stirnpanzer grabenpanzer | eBay

?

Here are some of the pics from the link for future reference.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mask  elephant ww1   mask  elephant ww1  

mask  elephant ww1   mask  elephant ww1  

mask  elephant ww1  
    Attached Images Attached Images mask  elephant ww1 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    No iron casting with this mask. They were pressed under very high pressure out of sheet metal.

Paul
    Of course it is not cast iron, that would be brittle and is no use as armour. My comment was made in humourous vein with reference to "cast iron provenance"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I'm not a native English speaker and of German descend. Germans have, as you know, no humor.

Cheers Paul

Further to the picture of the sniper mask being used 'in the field', the image is actually a British propaganda photograph which purports to show the mask being used in combat... the white flash at the back is supposed to be an explosion of some sorts. The original image tells a different story... and they say that the camera never lies! The picture shows a British army officer lying down in front of a building, armed with an SMLE No1 Mk111... and wearing the mask.

mask  elephant ww1

As for the authenticity of the mask, I dare say that they can be faked quite easily. I own an English Civil War Harquebusier's triple bar 'pot' which is constructed in the style of London armourer's 'Boulter & Keene'. If I were to stick it outside for a few months and age it a bit, you would be hard pushed to tell it from an original. A good armourer could hammer out an Elephant mask from a piece of steel without too much trouble, and with the prices that known originals fetch, you can absolutely guarantee it has been done. If you are going to purchase something like this, you need absolute proof of originality.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    I'm not a native English speaker and of German descend. Germans have, as you know, no humor.

Cheers Paul
    Quote from a favourite comedian, Henning Wehn the self styled "German Comedy Ambassador to the UK"

He says "People say we Germans have no sense of humour - I don't find that funny"

or

"We Germans like a good laugh just as much as you Brits, the difference is we have a laugh after work whilst you have a laugh instead of work"

Humour is alive and well in Germany. You just need to know where to look!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

One comes on the market then you find more coming from somewhere I watched it happen with WW1 tank masks first one for sale then plenty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2