Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse

Article about: It's a rainy day here so at the behest of Chopperman, I'm creating a thread to show case my 1914 EKI's. First up is a rather salty (but dear to me) screw back example by Victoria.

TWS
    ?

Default My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse

It's a rainy day here so at the behest of Chopperman, I'm creating a thread to show case my 1914 EKI's.

First up is a rather salty (but dear to me) screw back example by Victoria.

My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse
    P
    Many

Very nice Todd!

TWS
    ?

Here is a pin-back. For some reason I considered it an example by Gerbrüder Godet but I cannot remember why. I don't feel like going to the other room and leafing through the books right now, so I'll just throw the photos up. Stamped "800" for the silver content. Last photo showing it "in use" on my Heer general's tunic.

My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Very nice Todd!
    Thanks...

My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

And here is my Klein & Quenzer "KO" marked pin back with case and named carton.

My 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. KlasseMy 1914 Eiserne Kreuze I. Klasse
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very Nice Todd, Thanks for posting them.
    You have three good crosses there. Every Victoria cross I've seen has been a little
    salty. Your is not that bad. The name on the disc is still very easy to see. Most
    times the name is nearly invisible.

That cased KO is really something. I have seen very few examples of KOs in a case
    and the outer carton is a definite plus.

Your 800 marked cross is another beauty. The "slant W" core is one of the better looking
    core designs. I like the finely detailed crown of this style. I do not believe that it has
    anything to do with Godet. Very few Godets used the slant W core. Theirs looked very
    similar but was not identical, also Godet did not use that style reverse hardware.

I'll do some digging and see if I can find a maker.

Thanks again for posting these great examples.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Three lovely crosses Todd. Hard to pick a favorite but while I'm not one that buys awards with cases, having that named box is fantastic!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Thanks Greg! Yeah, when I looked at it today I was like "why did I think this is a Godet??" I think I'd fallen and hit my head and was mis-remembering/confusing it with another cross in my collection.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can assist with the maker.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Three lovely crosses Todd. Hard to pick a favorite but while I'm not one that buys awards with cases, having that named box is fantastic!
    Thank-you Michael! Yeah, I love it. It was a bit painful on the old wallet, but I was thinking "when am I going to have another chance to get a 1914 with the freakin' carton?!"
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Todd,
    What a selection you have! All lovely examples and just goes to show that there are so many variants in which makes collecting these so special!
    Thank you for posting yours!

Regards,

Joel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast