Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mystery German Imperial Lockbox

Article about: Hello! This is my latest find. I’ve never seen anything like it before and had to pick it up. I found it at a antique store while on vacation. The key that came with the box does work the

Too bad it's not filled with Pour le Mèrite, but remember that the ribbons don't make noise if you shake the box...

Anyway, send a photo when you open the box, even if it's full of nothing

Regards
    Santi

MAP
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Too bad it's not filled with Pour le Mèrite, but remember that the ribbons don't make noise if you shake the box...

Anyway, send a photo when you open the box, even if it's full of nothing

Regards
    Santi
    I do need a neck ribbon for my PLM...so that would be great.....just sayin
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Solved!

Well the Mystery is over. Now that I'm back home and have access to my tools. I was able to open the box. It is the right key to open the box, however there is a trick to get the lid to open up.
    After turning the key clockwise to unlock the box, you need to turn the key again clockwise another 1/2 a turn, this pulls back the latch allowing the lid to pull open freely.
    But it wouldn't open freely, it looks like the box was dropped on one corner causing the lid to wedge. After a bit of gentle persuasion the lid popped open. I was then able to bend the corner back into shape and the lid works like new again.

Unfortunately the box is empty. Just the nice blue paint.

Too bad there was nothing inside.
    Well mate, now it's your turn to store your collector's treasures in it. In any case, it's a great box.

Regards
    Santi

MAP
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Too bad there was nothing inside.
    Well mate, now it's your turn to store your collector's treasures in it. In any case, it's a great box.

Regards
    Santi
    It wasn't empty. He's just saying that because it was filled with "new in box" PLM's and doesn't want us badgering him to sell us some at discounted prices for helping out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2