Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with ID on Photo

Article about: I have this photo of a soldier who appears to have been awarded a Pour le Merite. It appears as if he has had some major surgery done on his face. I have tried, but just can’t make out what

Default Need help with ID on Photo

I have this photo of a soldier who appears to have been awarded a Pour le Merite. It appears as if he has had some major surgery done on his face. I have tried, but just can’t make out what the script is saying on the back of the postcard. I am hoping perhaps someone can identify him or that his identification lies in the writing on the back.
    Thanks for taking a look.

- - ------- - -

It appears my photos got turned sideways …… sorry about that

His scar is most likely a fencing scar. Can you correct the orientation of the photos? NH

Pretty weird......I cannot get the photos to sit upright in the normal position. I even flipped the pic sideways in my photo album and then created a link here and checked the preview and it’s still sideways

Sideways photos are usually the result of trying to upload them from
    a cell phone. Try loading putting them on your PC and the upload to the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Done...
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help with ID on Photo  Need help with ID on Photo 
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Done...
    Thanks so much Steve!!

?

From what is written on the card he appears to be a Major in JR 55 (Infanterie-Regt. Graf Bülow von Dennewitz (6.Westfälisches) Nr.55
    (Detmold; I Bn Höxter; II.Bn Bielefeld) VII Armee Korps). I can't make out his name.

Quote by aicusv View Post
    From what is written on the card he appears to be a Major in JR 55 (Infanterie-Regt. Graf Bülow von Dennewitz (6.Westfälisches) Nr.55
    (Detmold; I Bn Höxter; II.Bn Bielefeld) VII Armee Korps). I can't make out his name.
    Thank you so very much aicusv!!

?

I would think that he could be identified from what info you have. How many Majors from JR55 won the Per la Merit?