Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with the paint on this ww1 German Mimikry

Article about: Hi, I would like to know if this helmet and paint are original. Would appreciate if somebody could help me out. I only have these pics and no info it there are any markings.

?

Default Need help with the paint on this ww1 German Mimikry

Hi,

I would like to know if this helmet and paint are original. Would appreciate if somebody could help me out. I only have these pics and no info it there are any markings.

Need help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German MimikryNeed help with the paint on this ww1 German Mimikry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with the paint on this ww1 German Mimikry
    P
    Many

?

Has a good chance but I would like to hold it to be sure. Rob

?

Understandable. I will wait until somebody can tell me for sure. Thanks for the input!

Hi Anon,

It’s an original M16 German Helmet shell. More hi res pictures would be great but from what I can see the paint does look period. Nothing looks contrived or aimed to deceive. No paint over the spot where the rear pin sat which is good.The colours too are a correct mix of ochre and has a good patina.

I like it but if you can get better pics even better.

Post some photos if you get it.

Andy

I think the paintwork is good along with the lid, it has the right shades and the external layer of grime imply it’s been sat on a shelf for a long time too. It has none of the freshness of a newly painted copy. Shame the liner is missing.

I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I too agree - looks like a good one.

?

I would buy it if offered to me ,and the price was right

Very nice... a good one to own.

Unfortunately it sold before the OP could purchase it but hopefully when another comes up he’ll have a little more confidence in appraising WW1 camo paint jobs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast