Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need some help on a Kriegsministerium uniform

Article about: Hi everyone ! I'm trying to understand what kind of uniform I have here (hope the pics show). It is said to be an "uniform of an intimate adviser to the chancellery of the Ministry of w

?

Default Need some help on a Kriegsministerium uniform

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to understand what kind of uniform I have here (hope the pics show).

It is said to be an "uniform of an intimate adviser to the chancellery of the Ministry of war" (it's a german uniform just to be clear) but we miss a lot of informations (for instance no shoulder straps). Sorry for the quality of the image but I do not have the right to share something that could be exploited outside of the museum I work in (thus the low quality that will supposedly make this not usable).

Could someone help me find the rank here ? (I believe the collar indicates it but I'm not sure).

And secondly, I would like to know, what kind of helmets or caps would be associated with this uniform ?

Any information is warmly welcomed !

In my opinion, it is the tunic of a senior military official (vortragender Rat) of the Prussian ministry of war. The helmet worn with this uniform was the square front peaked "dragoon" style of helmet with a cruciform spike base and gold fittings. The cap was of dark blue cloth with a dark blue silk band, piped in crimson.

Officers of the Kriegsministerium wore a similar tunic but the collar and cuff embroidery was serrated and the collar and cuffs were crimson.

Regards
    Glenn

?

Hi Glenn ! Thank you for your answer !

We have a huge number of helmets so it's likely we have the model you are talking about. Even though we would certainly have to further confirm what you told me, it is nonetheless helpful !

Have a great day !

Le Djo