Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not identified m18 cut out

Article about: Hi guys i recently saw this helmet on sale on internet. I really can't say if it is a fake or original. the paint and the rust seems original, but the cut area and the ventilation rivets see

Default Not identified m18 cut out

Hi guys i recently saw this helmet on sale on internet.
    Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out Not identified m18 cut out
    I really can't say if it is a fake or original. the paint and the rust seems original, but the cut area and the ventilation rivets seem strange to me. I hope that you can give me an answer to my doubts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Not identified m18 cut out
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Photos are really crappy.

But the shape appears to be all wrong from the angles presented in the photos IMHO

Can't say anything about the paint given photos quality, but doesn't really matter if the shell is bad.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm sorry but the seller gave to only those photos. Anyway I think it's not important arguing about the paint beacause it can be easily aged.

MAP
    ?

It is critical with M18 ECO's to get straight on photos of the front, side and rear of the helmet. A critical element of these ECO's is the "flare" of the skirt. We can not see that from these photos.

That said, even from what I can see, the shape of the cut out is different than original examples. For example, the portion in front of the ear cut out is too pointy and should be more rounded on the bottom.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unfortunately the seller can't send me any photos at the momennt. Anyway, thank you for your disponibility.

The only manufacturer who made the M18 ear cut out is Eisenhüttenwerk Thale and stamped as ET in only the size 64. I see ET 68 stamped in the wrong typo. These were never produced.

Bad one.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    The only manufacturer who made the M18 ear cut out is Eisenhüttenwerk Thale and stamped as ET in only the size 64. I see ET 68 stamped in the wrong typo. These were never produced.

Bad one.
    100% correct.

I didn't even pay attention to that photo. Thought it was a scratch But now I clearly see the ET 68.

In addition the outer paintwork and surface look very "flat" and uniform. Not what one would expect to see on any original helmet. A Chinese copy?

Quote by Irish1965 View Post

Bad one.
    Good spot, and i assume the font should be the gothic style? Like early M35 ET helmets?

The whole shell looks to be a dud to me, but i'm not very knowledgeable on these types.

The seller seems a shifty weasel like type - providing rubbish blurred photos and refusing to provide any more. He knows...

nick

Thank to everybody, you were really helpfull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast