Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Orginal WW1 Pickelhaube?

Article about: Hello everyone, I am about to buy this (what I believe to be) original period Haube for a good price, however before I ''invest'' my money into it I wanted the more experienced collectors to

It looks like it has an issue stamp on the rear skirt. Inside the rectangle, it should say B.A. than roman numerals for which army corps depot issued it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orginal WW1 Pickelhaube?
    P
    Many

Quote by paul kennedy View Post
    It looks like it has an issue stamp on the rear skirt. Inside the rectangle, it should say B.A. than roman numerals for which army corps depot issued it.
    I'm sorry for my late reply! I was away from home for a couple days.
    Thank you all for your comments
    The stamp on the skirt that's visable in the photo says ''AR-31'', what does this mean? Any new info would be appreciated.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Nice little Pickelhaube Lucas!

Any names or stamps on or under the liner?

Andy
    Hello Andy,
    I couldn't find a name on the liner with the lighting that I had, and the rope is making it hard to look under the liner but I will see if I can get a better look tomorrow.

Don’t try too hard to look for names as these things are now very fragile as you’ll appreciate. Just curious.

I am aware, I am as delicate as one can be! I won't force it. Maybe someday I will find a name on it by pure chance.

?

You got a nice helm to start out with. There are a couple of sites that have recommendations on the care of these, how to bring them back to shape and how to store. Preservation & Cleaning of Antique Headgear

Quote by aicusv View Post
    You got a nice helm to start out with. There are a couple of sites that have recommendations on the care of these, how to bring them back to shape and how to store. Preservation & Cleaning of Antique Headgear
    Thank you! I read it all, very helpful. I am planning on displaying mine in a ''stolp/bell jar'' to keep it safe. Are there any dangers in regards to drought when doing this?

Kind regards,
    Lucas

Hi Lucas, I would probably advise against doing that as I would think it might be a little too humid inside a jar. Better to display somewhere like a glass cabinet with airflow or in a shelf in a lowlight environment. Also, display the helmet on a stand or supported so that the front and rear skirts are supported so as to take any undue weight off them as over time this can damage and distort them. You’ll also want to be aware of the humidity in the environment. You can read more about that from the link that aicusv sent you.

Thank you for the reply Andy! I have read website carefully and I am already looking for a nice helmet stand, any reccomendations?
    Also, I was planning on placing it one of these, but you would advice against either of these two?

PS Might you know the meaning of the ''AR-31'' stamp? Thanks in advance for the help

Kind regards,
    Lucas
    Orginal WW1 Pickelhaube?

?

question, does the FELT ones bring more $ ?

Hi Lucas,

You can make your own, or get some on eBay but the ones I like best and want to get are those sold by the dealer on Virtual Grenadier. I won't post the link but just look under stands. I've always thought that terrariums were designed to create a humid environment for plants to grow in. Personally I would want some type of air flow. Should be fine displayed without being in outside a glass container but you could also do a little research by looking at some advice from museums.

Here's a few links: Preservation of historic leather, including saddlery - MGNSW

Leather

The AR sounds like an issue stamp. Do you have a photo?

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast