Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this an original WWI Other Ranks 1895 Pickelhaube?

Article about: Is this an original WWI Other Ranks 1895 Pickelhaube Hi, nice looking Pickelhaube for sale & I thought best to post it here for opinion on originality. The chinstrap & the cockades l

I think BobS makes a very good point. The regiment mark is damning evidence of mix & match tampering. This will adversely effect it's value now and in the future.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original WWI Other Ranks 1895 Pickelhaube?
    P
    Many

I can not agree with the bashing of a perfectly fine Pickelhaube such as this. It is a possibility that it was later re-issued. I see one with a similar inconsistency at auction in the UK coming up & that’s how that was explained.

If it is overpriced at £500 / €500 find me one with complete liner, not over polished, with the patina this particular one retains, not all badly cracked up & none of the peaks stitching undone. The comments above are ignorant towards a perfectly fine Pickelhaube. It’s not all about price you know, someone could have died in that.

Quote by BobS View Post
    Overpriced, IMHO, especially with an incorrect wappen & cockade.
    As it's stamped to a Baden regiment, any discerning collector will be loathe to pay full price for this haube if you ever want to sell it. BobS
    You show me the one below £500 that’s currently for sale Bob. And not one at auction because there’s 33% commission & exorbitant postage fees to contend with & that’s just provided it’s not bidded up.

?

Well, you obviously believe you have all the answers, and will brook no criticism of this obviously put together pickelhaube.
    It also seems as if you have little patience to wait for a good example, but that's your affair. I guess you need to scatch that itch now.
    My attempts at being helpful having been summarily rebuffed, I will not dare to utter any more "ignorant " comments, and cease to have any more to offer you

BobS

?

The helmet is in nice shape and condition, but would require another 300+ investment to make it correct. Is it worth that? What else could be had for that much money? How long would it take to see the value of the piece reach the investment point?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    The helmet is in nice shape and condition, but would require another 300+ investment to make it correct. Is it worth that? What else could be had for that much money? How long would it take to see the value of the piece reach the investment point?
    Well I guess there’s many things out there one could have for €550, but I decided to buy a Pickelhaube. A similar shell to one that sold tonight on eBay, see attached. I suppose it’s all a matter of opinion but I would take the one I got at €550 rather than pay what this one tonight went for in untouched condition.

Is this an original WWI Other Ranks 1895 Pickelhaube?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2