Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Photo of artillery tractor

Article about: Greetings, Another photo of a German truck this time being used as an artillery tractor to tow a siege gun. Been really enjoying picking up more photos of the primitive steel trucks used dur

?

Default Photo of artillery tractor

Greetings,

Another photo of a German truck this time being used as an artillery tractor to tow a siege gun. Been really enjoying picking up more photos of the primitive steel trucks used during the Great War.
    The German LKW comes from a manufacturer unknown to me. It is hard to read even under the microscope but the radiator might say ‘D.unikr’ which can’t be correct. Interesting that it has actual lamp headlights instead of lanterns found on other photographic examples I have. The front wheels look to have been modified with a larger diameter, treaded rim to tow artillery through the soft terrain. Also interesting to see a painted cross on the windshield. I believe this artillery tractor is towing a model of the 15cm kanone (16, L/30, L/40?). Also to be noted that the barrel towards the breech has “-ugo” inscribed, perceived as a named artillery piece which could be named “Hugo.”

Sorry if this photo looks poor, to me it appears of terrible resolution on here compared to what it actually looks like being a 1200dpi scan.

Regards, Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo of artillery tractor  

That is a great photo. Thank you for posting it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Hi Ben,
    Great photo.. any chance of a scanned crop of the front of the tractor, to identify the maker? You should be able to select a small area and scan that at very high resolution.

?

Thanks guys,

I cropped down to the radiator in the original scan and pulled the usb microscope out to see if I could get a better view on that. I've included both so hopefully one is somewhat legible. It is hard to see regardless due to the age and condition of the photograph.