Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photograph - Uniform ID

Article about: This is my great-great grandfather, Theodor. He was from East-Prussia - I'll have to pry Oma for more info. I believe this photograph is from between 1906-1910 in his going-out/dress uniform

Question Photograph - Uniform ID

This is my great-great grandfather, Theodor. He was from East-Prussia - I'll have to pry Oma for more info.
    I believe this photograph is from between 1906-1910 in his going-out/dress uniform. Any more knowledgeable members know what kind uniform he's wearing... something that pertains to branch, rank?
    Photograph - Uniform ID

Regards
    -BW

?

It looks to be a Waffenrock (although the collar seems short). Rank - private soldier, can not see his cuffs or shoulder boards so there is little else that can be determined. You are correct about the dating.

Thank you very much for the reply! Glad I wasn't too far off. I imagine there was some small collar variation, even by 1900, of uniform measurements?

I'll try to get a better picture. In the meantime, are there color illustrations available showing ranks corresponding to the cuffs of this type of "going-out/dress" Waffenrock?

?

The double cockade is an indication that the photo is post 1901. The different branches of service generally had differing cuff types (Infantry = Brandenburg; Artillery, Train, Pioneer= Swedish, and so on). For rank (worn on collar and cuffs) check this out RUHL-15