Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Pour Le Merite - Wagner

Article about: As a young boy in the early 70's, I obtained a cheap repo of a Pour Le Merite from Unique Imports. Since then, I have always wanted to add one to the collection. I held onto the Repo for 40+

MAP
    ?

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    Congrats on your acquisition, a really nice example. Here is my single-sided Meybauer example, on a pre-WW1 ribbon, which came out of a souvenir album in which it had been glued.
    Jealous Vince! Two beautiful awards. I've seen the single sided Meybauers in photos but never in hand.

I got mine from Don D.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pour Le Merite - Wagner
    P
    Many

Don is a good source for nice items. The enamel on the Meybauer pieces is a darker shade of blue, but the quality of the work is really nice, with hand chasing of the script. I know people have argued over what these pieces were made for, and we have some photographic evidence that they were worn as replacement pieces. I think a marriage of your cross and my ribbon would make for an outstanding display piece.

Don is a good source for nice items.
    Yes he is. I've bought several items from him through the years.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Don is a good source for nice items. The enamel on the Meybauer pieces is a darker shade of blue, but the quality of the work is really nice, with hand chasing of the script. I know people have argued over what these pieces were made for, and we have some photographic evidence that they were worn as replacement pieces. I think a marriage of your cross and my ribbon would make for an outstanding display piece.
    Thanks Vince. Don was a true gent.

The neck ribbons would look great on the Wagner. So it your ever willing to part with it I'm all ears

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

OK, I'll keep you posted. I find it intriguing that an earlier PLM ribbon is on my interwar piece.

MAP
    ?

OK, I'll keep you posted. I find it intriguing that an earlier PLM ribbon is on my interwar piece.
    Always possible that the original was cracked, or damaged, and the wearer bought the Maybauer but used his original ribbon. However I would think the maker/retailer would have at least provided a replacement ribbon. It's like mating a Maybach without floor mats

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8