Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Preussen kriegsverdienstkreutz 1870/71 25 jahre

Article about: Hi Everybody, just picked up this Preussen 25 year cross. it looks like a 25 year jubilee cross. I can't find another example on the web, so apologies if I have not used the correct German t

Default Preussen kriegsverdienstkreutz 1870/71 25 jahre

Hi Everybody, just picked up this Preussen 25 year cross. it looks like a 25 year jubilee cross. I can't find another example on the web, so apologies if I have not used the correct German terminology. I wonder if somebody could tell me something about it, or point me to a link on the web. many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Preussen kriegsverdienstkreutz 1870/71 25 jahre   Preussen kriegsverdienstkreutz 1870/71 25 jahre  

Preussen kriegsverdienstkreutz 1870/71 25 jahre  

That's one I've never seen before.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Time to do some research on this one. If you haven't seen one before Greg, then it must be rare. I can only guess that it is a 25 year jubileee award to commemorate the 1870/71 German Franco war. I have tried typing in German and English terminology over the internet, but to no avail. It didn't cost very much if it turns out bad, but everything seem to have age about it, including the ribbon.

It's an unofficial Krieger-Verein long service award, basically for membership in a vet's organisation. These are found in hundreds of variations. Yours is on the ribbon of the 1870 non-combat Prussian War Medal.

Mystery solved. Thanks Vince