Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet

Article about: Thoughts on this item please? Cheers Allan

?

Default Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet

Thoughts on this item please?

Cheers Allan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet   Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet  

Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet   Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian NCO Cuirassier Cavalry Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like it is a Lachmann all steel M15 model Cuirassier helmet

As an all steel Other Ranks M15 model it should not have chin scales. Instead it should have a leather chinstrap. But even if for some reason the soldier added these chin scales (not likely), they should be of the curved type and not flat scales. And why does the helmet have two Prussian Korkaden? (Both of which appear to be touched up/repainted) The right side (when wearing it) should have the Reichs Korkaden.

To me it is an incorrectly restored helmet.

If you plan on diving into the Pickelhaube world I suggest you roll up your sleeves and do a bit of studying. Given the long history that these were produced, the many different model types as well as the different German Kingdoms that had their own unique takes, the variations are near endless and it can get quite confusing. But you should be able to quickly learn the basics given a bit of effort. I'm still cutting my teeth. So by no means do I classify myself as an authority. But it is a fun area to focus on.

I would highly recommend you review the wealth of data at Kaiser's Bunker.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)