Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian officers tunic

Article about: I am considering purchasing the tunic shown in the attached pictures for a Prussian officers mannequin I'm putting together with my grandfather. German tunics are not my forte, and I wanted

Default Prussian officers tunic

I am considering purchasing the tunic shown in the attached pictures for a Prussian officers mannequin I'm putting together with my grandfather. German tunics are not my forte, and I wanted to get some opinions before I take the plunge. It is from regimentals, and as such I recognize it is likely over priced. But it pretty perfectly fits what I want for the mannequin assuming there is nothing terribly wrong with it. From my untrained eyes it looks like a pretty good unmolested example aside from perhaps the buttons. Also would appreciate any book recommendations for getting into collecting WWI German militaria, as well as other good vendors.

Regards,

Clark

Prussian officers tunicPrussian officers tunicPrussian officers tunicPrussian officers tunicPrussian officers tunic

I don't mean to be a wise-ass, but you're putting together a display with your grandfather? Just how old is he?

Hi Vince ...just keep an open mind for now ....anyone can have a grandfather and have both be interested in the hobby ...Lithgow did not say he got it from his grandfather ..but both are working on this uniform together and has not yet purchased it from Regimentals.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

We have an overlapping interest in world war one as his father was a 2nd lieutenant in the AEF, he just turned 89 and wanted a German mannequin to match the US one we made in tribute to his father. I'm no where near an expert and this tunic is probably gonna be a one off thing for the foreseeable future so I confess to probably not doing as much research as one would if they wanted to begin a collection of tunics. I'm mostly a gun guy, and commonwealth firearms at that (as my name may hint) so this is out of my wheel house. I understand that regimentals is not the best respected outfit, but as a beginner the lack of a language barrier, simple website, decent inventory, and favorable return policy make it appealing, and to me worth paying a premium for, other suggestions are welcome though.

-Clark

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    I don't mean to be a wise-ass, but you're putting together a display with your grandfather? Just how old is he?

Hello,
    Best comment of January 2022 if i'm asked, i'm still laughing.....thank you, this evening laugh was unexpected but great....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Let's get back to the Tunic!

I'm very interested to hear thoughts. An area I know nothing about but one that I always find interesting. So would love to hear what people have to say.

To my untrained eyes it looks the part, but .....don't rely on my opinion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey, that's really great that you're working on something like this with your granddad, very cool. I'm no uniform expert either, but the tunic certainly looks believable.

Hello (again),
    To me it's a Feldrock in the 1910 modified version, with visible buttons, apparently made from good quality woolen cloth.
    The rest applies both for WWI and WWII....better photos are needed, especially for that kind of cash. I don't know the price of this tunic, but i know the prices asked for WWI tunics. Better photo of how the shoulderboards are attached, photos of how buttons are sewn, photos that shows the full damage visible at the collar, all these things that someone taking it seriously wants to see before purchasing a tunic, even with a seven days return policy.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I'll ask for additional photos, but here are the remaining ones from the listing.

-Clark

Prussian officers tunicPrussian officers tunicPrussian officers tunic