Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm

Article about: Greetings to all! I am looking forward for your opinion regarding this helmet which i belive is a transitional M18. My guesing is real or its just a poor remade M17 whit bad paintjob and lin

Default Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm

Greetings to all!
    I am looking forward for your opinion regarding this helmet which i belive is a transitional M18. My guesing is real or its just a poor remade M17 whit bad paintjob and liner.

Thx and i await your opinions of buying this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm   Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm  

Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm   Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm  

Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm   Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm  

Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm  
    Attached Images Attached Images Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question regarding posible transitional M18 Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

bună ziua,

it's a m18 shell for sure as it does not have the side lugs to attach the chinstrap as found in the m17/16 style.

the liner is wrong and a post war re-placement. hard to tell if the paintwork is original from these pictures but lets assume not for now although if has a chance.

any maker stamps marking in the inside ? the will be in the inner shirt look for letters and two numbers.

hope this helps.

chow Tony

Tony, totally agree with your assessment

Darkone, based on these photos (which are very poor), I would keep scrolling. I have never seen an Imperial camo with textured paint. Certainly does not have the appearance of an 1918 paint application in technique or patina. Hi res photos in low light would help, but my general feeling is that this one is a post 1918 paint application. Interesting shell too, looks odd, but sometimes this can be down to size and manufacturer. There are still some manufacturers that we don’t know much about. As Tony said, manufacturer stamps would help.

All the best in collecting,
    Andy

Darkone, for a good explanation of Transitional helmets, please see forum member Frank’s excellent site and an explanation of Heer transitional helmets here: Transitional Heer Helmets (M16 – M18) – German Helmet Vault

There were “Trannies” in all of the branches, but this one is specific to Heer (Army).

Hope this helps,
    Andy

It's marked BF 64

B.F. is for the maker F.C. Bellinger Fulda. They only made shell sizes 62 and 64.

Andy