Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Regimental Pipe

Article about: Gentlemen, not sure where to put this. I think it is a company commemorating pipe but cannot make out what the different abbreviations are. Pictures are the best I can do on a curved surface

I don’t know much about these but have always admired them as they are so exquisitely painted etc. Yours is a very nice example loneWolf, and thanks for the additional photos. I think the Adrian’s suggestions for displaying look pretty good.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    If you perform some research based on BlackCat1982's post, I am curious to know if the last names on the pipe of the group could be linked to any documentation that may be found, perhaps even a photo, that would be quite a conversation piece to display with the pipe...
    A quick search of the casualty lists based upon the regiment throws up many of these surnames. It is safe to say that the halcyon days when this pipe was presented were practically erased in the war 12 years later.

Thanks everyone for the great comments!! I saw the pipe and thought it was special but once I got it....wow! How it was made before being fired and then hand painted is extreme! I know there are more examples of regimental pipes but like I said this is the first one for me. BlackCat1982 very interested int he casualty lists you found, where did you get them? Thanks again and the pipe stand is coming!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2