Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stange stamped markings on top of helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I have found this oddball of a helmet on Internet. I would really appreciate any comments on it, especially about the markings on the dome (top) of the helmet shell, chinstrap etc.

Jan
    ?

Default Stange stamped markings on top of helmet

Hi guys,

I have found this oddball of a helmet on Internet. I would really appreciate any comments on it, especially about the markings on the dome (top) of the helmet shell, chinstrap etc. The helmet was presumably used in WW2 but I am very cautious.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stange stamped markings on top of helmet   Stange stamped markings on top of helmet  

Stange stamped markings on top of helmet   Stange stamped markings on top of helmet  

Last edited by Jan; 10-25-2020 at 09:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stange stamped markings on top of helmet
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Well, I think I´m going to pass on this one. The helmet looks like it has been hanging over a fire (maybe). The winter camo is also somewhat suspicious. Better pictures would be needed for sure..

Best, Jan

Hello Jan,

While I haven’t seen or heard of a stamp like this before, like you, I’m somewhat dubious about the paint. Looks Austrian but could be something else. Either way, it looks a bit tool marked and fresh IMO.

Ansy

Jan
    ?

Thanks Andy, much appreciated!

Best,

Jan

Some Austrian WW1 helmets were marked on top. Not uncommon.

Cheers,
    Emile

Jan
    ?

Thanks Emile!

Best, Jan

CSW
    ?

I agree with the guys above, I remember once seeing one with a similar stamp poking through the Finnish green paintwork. I also share the doubts regarding the white camo - it's not one I would personally bid on. And to my mind the price is starting to look a bit steep as well.

EDIT: Sold for 756€.

Jan
    ?

Yes very steep indeed (don´t know how high it could have gone actually). Did you see the alledged SS helmet for sale a bit earlier?

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

I was thinking I could post pics of it in a separate thread. It was pulled back rather abruptly before I had a chance to ask anything

Best,

Jan

CSW
    ?

I've seen several in the past few months so I'm not sure exactly which one you mean. Have you got any pictures of the one you saw?

One heavily squashed "SS helmet" looked like it had nothing to do with the SS (horrible dark pictures of course) and after someone pointed it out the seller claimed it "had the shape of an SS helmet" Don't know what the eventual price of that one was.

EDIT: Yeah sure, a separate thread sounds like a good idea.