Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake?

Article about: I ran across this the other day and decided to grab it. Wasn't all too expensive. It is roughly 22 inches long, the blade itself being 16 5/8 inches long. With scabbard the total length is j

Default Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake?

I ran across this the other day and decided to grab it. Wasn't all too expensive. It is roughly 22 inches long, the blade itself being 16 5/8 inches long. With scabbard the total length is just under 23.5 inches long. It has no edge at all. It is marked with W.K & C with the stamp of the king's and knights head. Also it seems the scabbard has some sort of plated metal upon it with a design where it meets the leather. I am no expert on these bayonets, so any help is appreciated. I can post more pictures if requested, that is no problem.

Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake? Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake? Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake? Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake? Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake? Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake? Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Sawback I found. Possible fake?
    P
    Many

It's an authentic s 98/05 aA sawback. This is an early one, WK & C began production in 1907 and with the early maker mark will be from those early years. These were produced also as private purchase sidearms, and if it is without any inspection marks on the hilt or a "W" cypher on the blade spine, then it is private purchase. It would be nickle plated most likely, occasionally even silver painted by a soldier.

Thank you so very much! It does not have any inspection marks and no "W" cypher on the spine, so private purchase it is. It has been boggling my mind for the past day or so. With it being real, I got a very wonderful deal on it. Once again, thank you so much for informing me about the model and a rough age of the piece.

You're welcome. These were very popular with NCO's and became the side arm of choice to wear with off duty uniform right through to WW1.

Hello,

this is not a S98/05. This is a walking out version of the S98/02.

Not delivered officially. Only for decoration with the dress uniform.

Regards