Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Wound Badge

Article about: Good day I'm hoping you can help with this Imperial wound badge? Looks to have some age and genuine wear but the setup is strange - very thin pin for a start and what do you make of the colo

Default Strange Wound Badge

Good day

I'm hoping you can help with this Imperial wound badge? Looks to have some age and genuine wear but the setup is strange - very thin pin for a start and what do you make of the colour? I'm guessing it is a fake.

Many thanks

PS - if wrong thread please delete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Wound Badge   Strange Wound Badge  

Strange Wound Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Wound Badge
    P
    Many

I have moved your thread to the correct section of the forum.
    I have also deleted your duplicate thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks.

I like it...a late-produced piece, judging by the simplified hardware...
    Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    I like it...a late-produced piece, judging by the simplified hardware...
    Glenn
    Nice to see you back Glenn!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you @GlennAgain

By late produced piece do you mean late WW1 or later than that - 1920s 1930s?

And it is Gold grade? I've never seen a gold Imperial badge before.

Yes, a late-WW1 produced Gold Verwundetenabzeichen...1917-18 I'd say...You will also find WW1 Silver Wound Badges painted White (aka "Mattweiss" - Flat White)...I used to collect the privately purchased cut-out versions...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Wound Badge  

GlennAgain - Thank you so much for your time and knowledge, and for posting the additional photograph. Great learning