Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Suspicious m18 cut out helmet

Article about: Hi guys,I recently found this m18 cut out helmet, but I'm not sure if it is original. The liner seems legit, but the helmet shape is strange. Can someone help me?

Probably rushing to return it to whoever the seller was. Good example of why "post on the forum before you buy" can save a severe case of buyer regret later.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Suspicious m18 cut out helmet
    P
    Many

Fortunately the seller was very kind and disponible to change the helmet for other items. Even him didn't know it was fake and he immediately contacted the guy who selled him the helmet, I hope he can have his moneys back.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Odraodez View Post
    Fortunately the seller was very kind and disponible to change the helmet for other items. Even him didn't know it was fake and he immediately contacted the guy who selled him the helmet, I hope he can have his moneys back.
    Wise words as noted below.........You got lucky that he took it back.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    ....Good example of why "post on the forum before you buy" can save a severe case of buyer regret later.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, in the future I will always ask help to you before buying something.

Update.
    The seller suddenly blocked me everywhere so I can't contact him anymore.
    So I think I have to keep the helmet, unfortunately.
    Anyway it will be a reminder of not to be an idiot and not to spend so much.
    Anyway, thank you guys another time for your time and kindness.

To all the other non-professional who will see my message:
    Always ask to the more prepared so that you will not end like me, a dumbass that spent money on a fake.

Sorry this did not turn out well for you. I have to agree with the other comments - a one look fake.
    Good advice from Andy too - with reference to another genuine ECO for comparison and pointers on what to look for.

I'm sure we've all been burnt at least once, don't let it put you off!

nick

?

Hello Odraodez,

I'm sorry to hear that. As the others said, you can tell at first glance that it is a fake. But don't let that discourage you, there are still plenty of great original helmets out there. For the really rare helmets you just need patience. If in doubt, it is best to always ask the experts here in the forum.

If you want to keep the helmet, Reenactors may be interested. Sometimes smaller theaters are also interested in such pieces for their performances.

Best regards
    Wolf

Hi, tank you for you compassion.

Anyway I think I will keep the helmet, as a reminder of be more careful and also because it is a cool repro (even if I bought it as original) and I'm making a set with it.

Anyway, I bought other things from the guy and they are absolutely original. He made me pay for them a lot less than their real value, so even if I have been scammed I have earned more than what I have paid. So I am still kind of frustrated about what happened but at the same time I see the positive side of the situation.

I’m sorry this happened to you and it will have happened to most collectors at one time or another. I can say that things like this have happened to me in the past too, so I know how it feels. But on a positive note, we learn from things like this and can help others with our experiences.

Take care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast