Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube

Article about: I wanted to show everyone my M1895 Pickelhaube. Please give me your take on it (condition, value, is it genuine, etc.). Here’s what I can tell you about it: I've been in possession of it s

Default Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube

I wanted to show everyone my M1895 Pickelhaube. Please give me your take on it (condition, value, is it genuine, etc.). Here’s what I can tell you about it: I've been in possession of it since the early 1960's. It was given to me by an uncle who was stationed in Europe during World War II and the Korean War. The helmet is marked "J.R.20.1B" (according to my research, "J.R." indicates it's from the 20th Imperial Regiment, from Wittenberg, and “1B” indicates the battalion and company (1st Battalion, Company B)) and dated "1901" on the underside of the neck guard. Both leather wedges are still present. I have done nothing to it except dust it occasionally (it’s been in the case for several years now and, as always, out of the sunlight). The only other question I have is if the spike is removable (I haven’t tried to remove it, and I won’t, even if it is). All comments are appreciated!

Tell Me What You Think About My PickelhaubeTell Me What You Think About My PickelhaubeTell Me What You Think About My PickelhaubeTell Me What You Think About My PickelhaubeTell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube   Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube  

Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube   Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube  

Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tell Me What You Think About My Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

?

You have a very nice 1895 Mannschaften Prussian Haube.
    I will say that No the spike on this one is not the removeable type.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Dos
    ?

I have little knowledge on these pickelhaubes, but i've seen a few come by and examined them in hand. The condition is great and the wear and tarnish seems to be consistent in all off the key points. To me, it looks like a nice original that has not been messed with. I'm looking forward to seeing some more opinions from the members here that collect these and are more known in this field. We unfortunately do not give any price evaluations here on the forum. I like it, Very nice!

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    You have a very nice 1895 Mannschaften Prussian Haube.
    I will say that No the spike on this one is not the removeable type.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I would agree with Phil. A very nice example in excellent condition. Looks like it was well cared for. Prices on fine examples like this have been going up.

Age of Kings is a dealer that sells lots of these. There are pricey. But it should give you an idea of "Full Blown" retail. Often times they can be found at cheaper from other sources.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good looking spike.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks, everyone, for your input!