Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Tunic

Article about: Hello everyone, I saw this tunic online and I was wondering if anyone is able to identify it. It is being sold as a German piece, however this tunic seems different from most imperial tunics

?

Default Unknown Tunic

Hello everyone,
    I saw this tunic online and I was wondering if anyone is able to identify it. It is being sold as a German piece, however this tunic seems different from most imperial tunics, specifically with the collar, the rear skirt, and the button configuration on the cuffs. From what Ive found, it appears to have a "polish" cuff pattern, see here: (Polish Cuff). If this is an example of a polish cuff pattern, then it could be narrowed down to a few possibilities, as it appears this style is not common. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Tunic   Unknown Tunic  

Unknown Tunic   Unknown Tunic  

Unknown Tunic  

?

Can you post a photo of the back of the uniform.

?

"Polish cuffs similar to those worn on Ulan tunics were worn on a few obscure units such as Landwehr-Kavellerie and Württemberg Landjäger-korps.""Other than Ulan, there were only five units in the Imperial German Army that utilized Polish cuffs on tunic with a vertical central opening making this an uncommon combination." Kaiser's Bunker.
    I have a feeling that this maybe a police or fireman's uniform.

?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    Can you post a photo of the back of the uniform.
    Will post a photo of the back when the seller sends me one. I did not even think to look into it being police/fireman's uniform. Thanks for the reply!

?

here are pictures of the back of the tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Tunic   Unknown Tunic  

Unknown Tunic  

?

The five units in the Imperial German Army that utilized Polish cuffs on tunic with a vertical central opening were:
    Adjutants to Princes
    Landwehr-Kavellerie
    Württemberg Landjägerkorps
    Prussian Leibendarmerie
    Unteroffizier Schools

I pretty sure you can rule out it being Landwehr-Kavellerie and Württemberg Landjägerkorps as well as an Adjutant to a Prince. The Prussian Leibendarmerie would have had Litzen on the collar and cuff. That leave NCO schools. Which the more I look at it the more that makes sense.

?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    The five units in the Imperial German Army that utilized Polish cuffs on tunic with a vertical central opening were:
    Adjutants to Princes
    Landwehr-Kavellerie
    Württemberg Landjägerkorps
    Prussian Leibendarmerie
    Unteroffizier Schools

I pretty sure you can rule out it being Landwehr-Kavellerie and Württemberg Landjägerkorps as well as an Adjutant to a Prince. The Prussian Leibendarmerie would have had Litzen on the collar and cuff. That leave NCO schools. Which the more I look at it the more that makes sense.
    Given this is the case, Im assuming that the cadets in training would be the one to wear these uniforms?

?

I believe so, I assume the staff would be a more senior rank.