Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wanting to get into German WWI

Article about: Hey guys im looking to get into German-Prussian wwi. I want to get into the gear area and hopefully by the end of the year get enough to display on a mannequin. I want to start off on the be

Default Re: Wanting to get into German WWI

Quote by MG1918 View Post
    So it is possible as there is still much of this for sale, much more than British WWI field equipment strangely! Mark
    British WW1 uniforms/helmets and equipment has rocketed in price and it is not helped by a dwindling supply of available items...in most areas it is more expensive than Imperial German militaria...who would of thought it !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I want to make a ww1 combat display for a long time. Though I have been very hard finding a ww1 mantel to make it. I think The prices will further rise in the coming years but then drop as everyone tries to sell their collections.

Cheers, Pat

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I want to make a ww1 combat display for a long time. Though I have been very hard finding a ww1 mantel to make it. I think The prices will further rise in the coming years but then drop as everyone tries to sell their collections.Cheers, Pat
    Pat, I think you may be quite right, prices will peak during the centenary years and then fall back...but I bet only slightly !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Make sure you tell the dealers!
    Mark

As with anything in this life it depends on where you shop. A dealer-friend of mine told me that WW1 Adrian helmets are dearer in France than they are here. Most of the higher prices appear to be from people on eBay trying to cash in on the centenary. But there are still bargains to be had out there. SMLE rifles are about the same price they were a couple of years ago - as are other items. Fortunately I no longer collect WW1 Mg's, so I do not concern myself with the horrendous prices they now go for in the UK. My last Mg08 was sold several years ago to a collector in York, and Mark is still lusting after my Mg08 on trench mount which I sold to a collector in Nottingham. That was one gun which I should never have let go! The prices they now fetch are absolutely ridiculous.

?

Hello Harry The Mole!
    Mark

Quote by MG1918 View Post
    Hello Harry The Mole!
    Mark
    I've still got a (very small) part of the Mg08/15 I restored which you now have in your collection! I will let you know if Trevor ever wishes to part with the Mg08 & T/M

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3