Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrwolf Assmann Totenkopf

Article about: I found this skull and had seen it in various posts here on this forum. It is stamped and has great detail. It has alot of the silver finish still on it. The sutures line up with other examp

Dos
    ?

Default Wehrwolf Assmann Totenkopf

I found this skull and had seen it in various posts here on this forum. It is stamped and has great detail. It has alot of the silver finish still on it. The sutures line up with other examples of this skull that i compared it to. The difference in size between the two eye cavities. With the right one a bit bigger and leaning more down. The only thing that does not match with other examples that i've seen is the prong position. The ones i found have pointed tips and are mounted horizontal. This one is missing one and has it mounted vertical with a flat tip. Maybe this is one is made in a different batch? It has an overall good look to it in my opinion. I hope that someone can comment on the authenticity of this piece.

Wehrwolf Assmann TotenkopfWehrwolf Assmann Totenkopf

I believe it to be an Assmann skull wich is seen in this catalog with the number 20955:

Here below are some other posts about similar skulls with great reference. Unfortunately the last one is closed.

Wehrwolf Bund collar tab Totenkopf's

2 x scull for opinion

Any comments or opinions are appreciated. Thank you,

Best Regards,

Dos

Nice original item !

These are hard to find.

Although they are most often found on Wehrwolf items, like these collar tabs, they were used on other things as well ........................ here are an imperial Brunswicker pipe and a Third Reich bierzipfel, for example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrwolf Assmann Totenkopf   Wehrwolf Assmann Totenkopf  

Dos
    ?

Thank you Robin Lumsden.

Glad to know it's an original piece! I was hoping you would respond. I've read alot of your books and posts here and on other forums. Very interesting items that you are showing. I've also purchased the book "Der Wehrwolf, 1923-1933". This is comming my way now, But did also read about other uses for this skull like you mentioned!

Here are some more photo's with better lighting:

Much appreciated!

Edit: If anyone has a similar skull in his possesion, Feel free to post it here.

Cheers,

Dos
    Last edited by Dos; 07-28-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Dos.

No problem !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrwolf Assmann Totenkopf  

It looks like a match to mine, except for the vertical attachment pins.
    Ralph.

And compared to a Panzer totenkopf.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dos
    ?

Thanks Ralph for showing. It does appear to be the same skull, Nice example! I did also read about the use of this skull in Panzer wear, But haven't seen a peroid photo of it so far. If i find it i will post it here!

Dos

?

Another winner Dos, Congrats ! Here are my examples for comparison.

Dos
    ?

Thanks Aldo, Appreciate it. Great looking set you got there, I like the old patina on them. These must have been together like brothers in arms!

Robin, I'm happy to see that you're still with us.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.