Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What is EXTRA FEIN company?

Article about: Question. I can see Extra Fein buttons and cockades popping up in often in Finnish uniforms, from 1917 Jaeger tunic till end of ww2 Finnish m36 uniform buttons. What kind of company is this

Default What is EXTRA FEIN company?

Question. I can see Extra Fein buttons and cockades popping up in often in Finnish uniforms, from 1917 Jaeger tunic till end of ww2 Finnish m36 uniform buttons.

What kind of company is this Extra Fein?

Finland ordered lot of small insignias to officer buttons from germany during 26 year period 1918-1944.
    I can throw sample item photos.

I don't think Extra Fein is a company. It just means that the buttons are of a better quality

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I don't think Extra Fein is a company. It just means that the buttons are of a better quality
    Yes, quite a few companies have used the phrase "Extra Fein" in their branding alongside the company name itself. It translates rather obviously as "Extra Fine" but is comparable with English phrases such as Highest/best/premium quality etc. Although, at the back of my mind I have a vague idea that at least one company did use the phrase as part of it's name for a particular range of products.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yes, quite a few companies have used the phrase "Extra Fein" in their branding alongside the company name itself. It translates rather obviously as "Extra Fine" but is comparable with English phrases such as Highest/best/premium quality etc. Although, at the back of my mind I have a vague idea that at least one company did use the phrase as part of it's name for a particular range of products.

Regards

Mark
    I think it was Assman. But could be wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This must be Assman, stylized A.
    It has other "great quality" text version: Hochfeine

It reads "Hochfeine A Qualität *M22*

m22 text must be referring for finnish m22 uniform

And in Finnish Navy buttons, stripes go UP and Down direction.
    While in German and Swedish navy buttons stripes go Left and Right direction.
    Uniform is war-time Finnish m/30 officer navy greatcoat from around ~1940.

22 M = Button Size 22mm Marine...