Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ww1 Grenades and fuses, my small collection.

Article about: Hello from New Zealand. As I really enjoy looking at the amazing collections you guy's have I thought I would put up my own humble lot of ww1 grenades and fuses to share. Please if anyone ha

?

Hi Jack.

I'm sorry ... I looked at your picture a little too soon
    If you see in the right corner...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.  

Great stuff!!!
    Where do you find them....?
    Over here it is a very niche market.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.   Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.  

Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.   Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.  

?

I dig them up by myself....

My Collection

Wow
    I'm very jealous, you are lucky to have that option in your part of the world to find historic treasure.
    Unfortunately for me New Zealand has a relatively short history.
    The NZ land wars about 150 + years ago is as close as it gets here.....musket balls if your lucky.

Cheers
    Corey

?

Hello Corey,

You have a great collection of hand grenades. I especially like the Kugelhandgranate 1913 Aa.

As with you in New Zealand, it is certainly difficult to get deactivated historical hand grenades in many countries. I would be interested if you or someone else has experience what it is like to buy such artifacts abroad. I could imagine that there could be serious problems with the police if you bring them in your luggage or have them sent by post.^^'

Best regards
    Wolf

Hello Wolf

No I haven't bought any grenades from overseas as I'm sure they would end up in the bin.
    Possibly get a knock at the door with a loud "Come out with your hands up!"

All of my bits are purchased from other collectors and military shows here in NZ....though I have been told by other collectors they have had some luck buying from Europe in the past. apparently labeling them as Ink pots or motorcycle pegs.

In saying that I managed to acquire 4 inert German brass friction fuses from Estonia in the post.
    I wet my pants when I read the description on the customs sticker that said "4 TRACTOR TRAILER BOLTS" and when I opened it each fuse had a large nut loosely slid on. Genius!

Cheers
    Corey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2