MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

42nd Rainbow Div Artillery Tunic

Article about: Picked this up at the Max. Thanks to member Politefaun for tracking it down. I've been looking for a Rainbow division Artillery tunic for a long time as I grew up on the land that was once C

MAP
    ?

Default 42nd Rainbow Div Artillery Tunic

Picked this up at the Max. Thanks to member Politefaun for tracking it down.

I've been looking for a Rainbow division Artillery tunic for a long time as I grew up on the land that was once Camp Mills, which was the 42nd's mobilization camp prior to shipping off to Europe

Additionally, a year or so ago (Thanks to member TankDestroyer) I was able to acquire a Rainbow division helmet.

The tunic is named to Corporal E.O.F Swanson who had three chevrons sewn onto it indicating 1.5 years of overseas service. It's in near mint condition.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Forgot to add, also picked up this Rainbow division "Roll of Honor" dated 1917 for Compnay L 166th US Infantry regiment while stationed at Camp Mills.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great display and pictures! I found a unit history containing a roster for the entire division wasn't able to find an exact match but heres a few artillery men that might be him, though none of them are corporals.

Roster of the Rainbow division (forty-second) Major General Wm. A. Mann commanding : Johnson, Harold Stanley : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

SWANSON, EDWARD, Pvt., 729 Waller Ave., Chicago, Illinois. page 112 (114 in PDF)

SWANSON, ALBERT J., Pvt., 20 Rochester St, Bradford, Pennsylvania. 120 (121 in PDF)

SWANSON, WALTER R., Pvt., 3513 Seminary Ave., Chicago, Illinois. 128 in both

Simply amazing.

Regards
    Santi

MAP
    ?

Thanks Gents

I'll have a look through that roster but I think Edward is the most likely lead at this point.

Thanks again for the research

Nice tunic
    -TJ-