Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

adrian modele 15 japy 1er type

Article about: helle presentation adrian japy infantery.blue horizon.complete first type

Default adrian modele 15 japy 1er type

helle presentation adrian japy infantery.blue horizon.complete first type
    adrian modele 15 japy 1er typeadrian modele 15 japy 1er typeadrian modele 15 japy 1er typeadrian modele 15 japy 1er typeadrian modele 15 japy 1er type

?

Hello Lassalle,

This is a great French Adrian helmet in nice original condition. Only the inner cord for the leather tongues is missing.

Congratulations on this find.

Best regards
    Wolf

PS: Did you attach the red thread to the chin strap hanger?

Congratulations on acquiring a wonderful early horizon blue helmet Lassalle! I really like it! As many were overpainted in the much darker blue, I’m glad you could obtain this early example. French WW1 helmets have been a bit overlooked in the Militaria collecting field but I see this changing, actually the change is happening, so well done on preserving an original.

Andy

no the red thread is just for the classification label for my collection. thank you for your messages

Andy is right, the change is indeed happening. These 100+ years old helmets are more and more difficult to find in a decent shape, and it seems that many collectors also realised that. Much more difficult (for obviouses reasons) is finding an early Japy in the very first shiny blue paint like this one, great helmet.

Chris

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    many were overpainted in the much darker blue
    Indeed. Below is another early M15 from Japy, that underwent this fate (brush overpaint). The first (factory) light horizon blue color can be seen in the worn areas.

adrian modele 15 japy 1er type
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture adrian modele 15 japy 1er type  
    Last edited by Das Edelweiss; 02-18-2023 at 11:23 PM.