Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division

Article about: This uniform group belonged to Ralph Orville Bradshaw, he served with Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division. His uniform features a nice 353rd Infantry, 89th Division patch along

Default AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division

This uniform group belonged to Ralph Orville Bradshaw, he served with Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division. His uniform features a nice 353rd Infantry, 89th Division patch along with a smaller 3rd Army patch stitched above the service chevrons. This group includes his uniform, id tag, gas mask, mess tin, diary, and quite a bit of photos and souvenirs from his service.

He arrived in France on June 22, 1918 and served in both the St. Mihiel offensive and Meuse-Argonne offensive. He returned to the states on May 22, 1919, after serving occupation duty in Germany. Ralph O. Bradshaw passed away in 1978. Age 84.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division   AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division  

AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division   AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division  

AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division   AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division  

Henry,

What an interesting WWI grouping! I particularly love the picture showcasing his souvenir, "hate" belt and buckle.

Thank you for sharing it!

Joel

Excellent grouping, very nice. I like the story about cow pies LOL. Really nice in site to Mr. Bradshaws service in Europe.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you. The photo of him in the hate belt and "Cow shit Pete" are definitely some of my favorite parts of this group.

MAP
    ?

You did well. Great grouping. Amazing that it survived intact after all these years.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I thought the same. I think it had a lot to do with Ralph Bradshaw's wife, Anna Mae Bradshaw, she kept everything together after he passed in 1978. From what I can tell she deeply cared for her husband. She passed in 2001 at the age of 100. After she passed I guess an ungrateful relative decided to sell it all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AEF grouping ID'd to Ralph Orville Bradshaw of Company I, 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Division  

?

Fantastic looking uniform.
    The photo's of the Gent just make that one a WINNER!!

Semper Fi
    Phil