Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division

Article about: This grouping belonged to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Placerville, California. He served with Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division. The group consists of his uniform, id tags

Default AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division

This grouping belonged to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Placerville, California. He served with Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division. The group consists of his uniform, id tags, sewing/shaving kit, Victory medal w/ Somme offensive clasp, pay book, and an American Legion membership card, 1925.

Interesting fact, Buster Keaton also served with the 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division   AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division  

AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division   AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division  

AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division   AEF grouping ID'd to Sgt. Phillip John Vennewitz of Company K, 159th Infantry Regiment, 40th Division  

A very impressive grouping!

I always like it when I'm able to get some 'Extras' along with uniform purchases, especially when all the items belonged to the same vet. Some sellers like to split up groupings like this and sell each item separately, which is a great shame. You have a truly awesome set here!

?

Very nice

MAP
    ?

Great grouping. Excellent condition too. Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)