Hi everyone,

I just got me a AEF uniform jacket believed to be from WW1. It's from the 37th Infantery 'Buckeye' Division. Surprisingly it has a tank corps collar disk. I know this division did not have tanks, so maybe someone can give me some info.

I went this summer to the battlefield where the 37th saw action in the First phase of the Meuse-Argonne offensive
(September 26 – October 4, 1918)

"During the three hours preceding H hour, the Allies expended more ammunition than both sides managed to fire throughout the four years of the [American] Civil War. The cost was later calculated to have been $180 million, or $1 million per minute." The American attack began at 05:30 on September 26 with mixed results. The V and III Corps met most of their objectives, but the 79th Division failed to capture Montfaucon, the 28th "Keystone" Division's attack virtually ground to a halt due to formidable German resistance, and the 91st "Wild West" Division was compelled to evacuate the village of Épinonville though it advanced 8 km (5.0 mi). The inexperienced 37th "Buckeye" Division failed to capture Montfaucon d'Argonne. (source Wikipedia)

AEF uniform tank corps??
American monument at the American Cemetery in Montfaucon d'Argonne France. The biggest in Europe.

The uniform is made by The Lilley corporation - Columbus Ohio. There are no stamps. The Lilley Crop. made uniforms in these days and was taken over in 1933 and changed name. It looks to me, judging the quality, a private purchased officers uniform.

I don't know anything about American uniform from WW1, but I love it so that why I had to go for it.

(Matching 'Buckeye' helmet is coming soon with canvas gun belt, leather belt with baldric etc. I'll post that later.)

Let me know what you'll think.

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??

AEF uniform tank corps??