Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet

Article about: Gentlemen, I have come across this and other Allies equipment. I would appreciate your thoughts on this British Brodie Helmet. It appears that they were used in both the first and second wor

Default Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet

Gentlemen, I have come across this and other Allies equipment. I would appreciate your thoughts on this British Brodie Helmet. It appears that they were used in both the first and second world wars. I have highlighted some engraved numbers and letter on the front of the inside of the helmet. I was hoping someone could decipher what they mean and comment on its authenticity please. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet   Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet  

Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet   Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet  

Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet   Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet  

Assistance with WW1 or WW2 British Brodie Steel Helmet  

It’s post war Dutch. VB is the manufacturer and 56 is the date I believe

Thank you sir, you are spot on. I would never have found that, but after your identification I have found other examples. I appreciate your feedback. cheers.

as already stated, post war dutch made VB helmet, I used to have one I bought when I lived in Amsterdam
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.