Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Belgium mini's

Article about: just wanted to share pics of this neat looking Belgium miniature chain set-up for a WW1 vet....very nice quality and construction, probably dates to the 30's.....the medals sans ribbons are

Default Belgium mini's

just wanted to share pics of this neat looking Belgium miniature chain set-up for a WW1 vet....very nice quality and construction, probably dates to the 30's.....the medals sans ribbons are in the 15mm to 20mm range

Left to right
    * War Cross with frond device
    * Yser Cross
    * Volunteers Combatants Medal
    * Interallied WW1 Victory medal
    * Belgium WW1 Commerative

front w/ full size French croix de guerre for size comparison
    Belgium mini's

front left
    Belgium mini's

front right
    Belgium mini's

back
    Belgium mini's

back left
    Belgium mini's

back right
    Belgium mini's

MAP
    ?

Not something we rarely see. Thanks for showing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice set, I can't say that I have ever seen a miniature Yser Cross before. In 1934, the Yser Cross was introduced to replace the original Yser Medal, but recipients were expected to pay for the new award and very few bothered to do so. Veterans rightfully felt that they should not be expected to pay for an award which they had earned through putting their life on the line for their country. Consequently, the Yser Cross is a rare award. Sitting amongst this 14 medal group of mine, is an example of the Yser Cross.

Cheers,
    Steve

Belgium mini'sBelgium mini's

thanks for the input....I did see that about the Yser Cross and was wondering myself...I'm guessing since two of those medals were not instituted until the early 30's the holder opted for the new version....maybe the mini was a few francs less....

and that framed set is awesome !
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth