Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Boot Identification Help

Article about: Hi everyone! I recently acquired a neat old pair of boots. I have searched for a pattern matching these but with no real success thus far. They have 8 eyelets and appear to have more in comm

Default Boot Identification Help

Hi everyone!

I recently acquired a neat old pair of boots. I have searched for a pattern matching these but with no real success thus far. They have 8 eyelets and appear to have more in common with the construction of Commonwealth footwear of the WWI era than American models of the same time frame. I understand there were many private-purchase models available as well. I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying them.

There is a number stamped inside. I cannot make out any other markings in the leather soles, insoles, or uppers. There are remnants of black polish in places. These were found in France.

Thank you for any help or direction!

Boot Identification HelpBoot Identification HelpBoot Identification HelpBoot Identification HelpBoot Identification Help

They sort of remind me of German Ankle Boots, but I have extreme doubts.. They also resemble British WWI Ankle Boots. A lot of boots can appear the same.. You're better off waiting for more experienced collectors of footwear but that's my two cents!