Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British Brodie Helmet Insignia help

Article about: I'm trying to indentify this insignia applied to the side of a British brodie helmet. The side appication would indicate this was an officers helmet (i think) but not sure which battalion/re

?

Default British Brodie Helmet Insignia help

I'm trying to indentify this insignia applied to the side of a British brodie helmet. The side appication would indicate this was an officers helmet (i think) but not sure which battalion/regiment or division it belongs to. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated..
    Cheers,
    British Brodie Helmet Insignia help

?

Hello,
    I have done some searching but with no luck yet.
    A closeup photo of the insignia in natural light, as well as a photo of the entire helmet would help me, and other members that are much more knowledgeable on this subject than I am, to try to find any information on a unit or meaning.
    Also are there any markings or heat stamp visible on the inside of the shell? That could help to narrow down the search.
    Just trying to help.

Regards,
    Daniel

Not a MkI helmet - no rim! possibly an Australian MkII shell? as said need pictures of the full helmet.
    Ahh I don't know rivets are too flat to be an Aust MkII can't help on the marking.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-21-2021 at 05:19 AM. Reason: added Text

?

More pics of an early F/S 31 rimless brodie with narrow bales and 6 finger liner, remants of the original buckle style chinstrap. No markings inside the liner. Non-magnetic.
    Hope to find the identity of the insignia. Thanks for looking. cheers.

British Brodie Helmet Insignia helpBritish Brodie Helmet Insignia help
    British Brodie Helmet Insignia helpBritish Brodie Helmet Insignia helpBritish Brodie Helmet Insignia help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Brodie Helmet Insignia help   British Brodie Helmet Insignia help  

The colours suggest a Royal Engineers unit to me.