Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brodie Mk1 Helmet

Article about: Morning everyone, I want to share this helmet with you, that seemed very interesting to me, due to the condition and its history. It is a British Mk1 complete with all its parts, the color i

Default Brodie Mk1 Helmet

Morning everyone,
    I want to share this helmet with you, that seemed very interesting to me, due to the condition and its history.
    It is a British Mk1 complete with all its parts, the color is the original khaki still 100% present; due to the presence of the rubber ring under the felt it must have been produced after mid-1917.
    The circumference of the liner seems to be cut cleanly on one side, perhaps intentionally so it can be worn over the wool hat, but I can't be sure.
    The writings inside are very interesting, working on these I tried to recover information on its history and I think I have arrived at a conclusion: it was used by a US soldier of the Michigan National Guard, part of the following unit:
    -32nd Division "Red Arrow"
    -125th Infantry Regiment
    -63rd Brigade
    -2nd Battalion
    -Co.F (F Company)
    This division, after fighting in France, settled as occupying troops in the Rhineland region; in fact I found the helmet from an antique dealer in that area, but I don't know if there is a connection or it is a simple coincidence.
    I hope it was interesting and any opinion is welcome.

Regards
    Roberto
    Brodie Mk1 HelmetBrodie Mk1 HelmetBrodie Mk1 HelmetBrodie Mk1 HelmetBrodie Mk1 HelmetBrodie Mk1 Helmet

A nice helmet, and thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Nice pick Roberto, it's former owner identification & the location where you find the helmet makes it very interesting. The helmet itself is also great.
    Regards,
    Jack

Very nice find, thank you for sharing it Roberto, it's in excellent condition for the age.

Regards,
    Matt