Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French Dragon Helmet 1874

Article about: Dear all, May I show you this French dragon helmet model 1874 please? It's battered but I.M.O. this makes its charm and I like it. For me it looks still majestic and breathes the spirit of i

Default French Dragoon Helmet 1874

Dear all,

May I show you this French dragoon helmet model 1874 please? It's battered but I.M.O. this makes its charm and I like it. For me it looks still majestic and breathes the spirit of its Napoleonic forefathers. What do you think about?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

French Dragon Helmet 1874French Dragon Helmet 1874French Dragon Helmet 1874French Dragon Helmet 1874French Dragon Helmet 1874French Dragon Helmet 1874French Dragon Helmet 1874
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 06-19-2021 at 06:40 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Amazing that at the beginning of WW1 they were still using this helmet, all be it with a canvas cover.

very cool item.

I assume you mean Dragoon rather than dragon?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your thanks and likes and your comments. It's very nice of you

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Amazing that at the beginning of WW1 they were still using this helmet, all be it with a canvas cover.
    ... yes indeed. According to the contemporary bon mot the French army 'la plus belle armée d'Europe' (the most beautiful army in Europe) notably in the times of the Belle Époque. And you can see this air in the cavalry regiment of the Garde républicaine this very day.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    very cool item. I assume you mean Dragoon rather than dragon?
    ... oh yes, thanks. I try to correct it.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 06-19-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

A very nice helmet!

Hello,

Very Nnce helmet and still with his liner wich is not that common. "Dragon" will be the good word in french

Bruno

?

That is very Cool!!
    "battered" or not, that is an awesome helm!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very impressive helmet. Like one of a knight in shining armour. The condition tells that it has been there. The leather padding on the inside of the front and back visor makes it a helmet produced before 1913. After that (1913, 1914 and, I believe even 1915) the inside was painted green.

For comparison my kurassier helmet with it's red horsehair tuft on the marmouset. Most surprising is that the horsetail smelled even after more than a hundred years of horse. Or was that my imagination.

Again congrats with your splendid helmet

And some nice time period photo's.

Cheers Paul

Really beautiful piece! I have the frontal plate of the M1826 Cuirass that would have belonged to one of its predecessor models. Massive and heavy piece of armor.

One day, one day in the future I'll be able to afford a cuirass that matches my helmet.

Cheers Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast