Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1

Article about: by hawk3370 Rene, Very nice, I don't know a lot of collectors that are up on the French uniforms. I do know that they are seldom seen. This is a very nice condition tunic and I suspect scarc

Thanks for the reply, Bob.

I've really enjoyed browsing through this thread but I'm sorry it doesn't seem to interest too many people on an English language forum. Being British and currently living in France, I find the French army of both world wars very interesting. In an attempt to kick start a few more posts from others more knowledgeable than myself, here is an offering of my only WW1 poilu.

I can just about scratch together enough to kit out the top half of a mannequin, but there's not much below the waist! All items were sourced here in France or next door from Germany (like the bugle above). I have set this up as a late-war infantryman but the capote has what looks like a medical patch on the left sleeve. None of my reference books show this exact patch so I'd be grateful to anyone who could provide some more info about what it is (and whether it looks original). The capote has several stamps inside which are a little faded, but one seems to be to a line infantry regiment (can't read the number) and another is 'H S' in a box. Again, any guesses from the experts would be appreciated.

Let's see some more from other collections out there.....

Matthew

French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1

Nice puppet, friend!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Your guess is correct, Matthew.
    It is, indeed, ‘Service de Santé’... and a very nice example of this insignia too!
    That will make a splendid basis for a medical collection...

As Lebus notes, a very nice puppet!
    Well done for finding some cracking original pieces. I particularly like the multi-piece cover on the water bottle.

All the very best and Bon Chance with the collection!
    Bob

Should the nice posty's be kind? Bob will be the new custodian of the original posted tunic. Bit of luck he'll restore it and preserve it as should be done.

Did French medics carry rifles?

?

No, Vegetius, they did not..
    Matthew was unsure of its significance when he bought the coat. An original medical unit coat is a rare thing.. I’d love to see the markings in the coat, by the way, Matthew!

Can’t wait to receive my new tunique from René!
    I’ll post it here when it arrives..

Thanks mate, I just wondered .

Quote by Kohima View Post
    No, Vegetius, they did not..
    Matthew was unsure of its significance when he bought the coat. An original medical unit coat is a rare thing.. I’d love to see the markings in the coat, by the way, Matthew!

Can’t wait to receive my new tunique from René!
    I’ll post it here when it arrives..
    Didn't I tell ya the Wifey and I had a blue and she shipped out my wet dirty washing!!!
    Should ferment perfectly by the time it all arrives!!!

?

Hope you like the house bricks, mate..

(Wrong colour, I’m afraid, but there we are).

Hey Bob Mate I hope the moths haven't grabbed it yet? Bricks worked well as they have been used around the fence line to stop our new pup digging out!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast