Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Lost Battalion tunic

Article about: Here is a tunic and helmet worn by Arthur Looker. A member of Company B, 308th Infantry regiment, 77th Division. This is the actual tunic and helmet worn during that battle. I have the compl

?

Is it possible that he transferred to Coy.B, prior to discharge, having served in another company during the battle? As you know, personnel were shifted about all over the place during the occupation and demobilisation period.

Having read your post, M1, I am unsure if you checked the rosters of all companies and units, or just that of Coy.B. (I imagine that you checked all).

All the best,
    Bob

Hello SteveR,

I just thought that you might like to view the following that I have found for you on Arthur Ray Looker :

Lost Battalion tunic

Burke and Ray Looker photographed when children in the possibly 1891-1893

Lost Battalion tunic

Draft Registration Card for Arthur Ray Looker 1917 obverse

Lost Battalion tunic

Draft Card for Arthur Ray Looker reverse

Lost Battalion tunic

Company F 160th Infantry Regiment going to France

Lost Battalion tunic

31st January 1919 Pvt. 3138637 Arthur Ray Looker going home to the USA

Lost Battalion tunic

1942 Draft Card for Arthur Ray Looker

Lost Battalion tunic

1973 Newspaper Article about Arthur Ray Looker claiming his WW1 Victory Medal 55 Years after the end of WW1

Lost Battalion tunic

Private 3138637 Arthur Ray Looker

I sincerely hope that you do not mind me posting these items and I apologise if you have already seen them

Best wishes

Andrzej

Well its solved! Thanks to the newspaper clipping found by andrze we know the story! Arthur Looker is either Arthur H Jones or Arthur A Beske. The army must have made these rosters shortly after the lost battalion was rescued. They sent him to a hospital to get him treated thinking orginially he was dead, they also did this under a incorrect last name. Its very likely this is what took place. Interesting story to go with it as well. I'm just wondering why they would have never fixed the roster, maybe the rosters had already been made before they found out he was still alive and went by a different name. Does anyone have any way of contacting SteveR? Also why was he banned?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3