Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1915 Adrian midnight blue

Article about: A new purchase of mine arrived recently, a French M1915 field repaint to what is known as the midnight blue. In the later years of the war the helmets were ordered to be painted in the darke

Default M1915 Adrian midnight blue

A new purchase of mine arrived recently, a French M1915 field repaint to what is known as the midnight blue. In the later years of the war the helmets were ordered to be painted in the darker blue as the lighter horizon blue was to vibrant and gave off glare.

You can see the brush strokes from when it was field painted and in some spots you can spot the original horizon blue underneath. One of the liner fingers has a slight tear but the rest of the liner is in fairly good shape and not dried out. Under the liner is the original horizon blue aswell so that makes me believe the liner wasn’t removed when it was applied with the later midnight blue.

M1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blue

MAP
    ?

Looks great. Solid! Congrats

Been meaning to get one of these for years.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael! These ww1 blue adrians are getting to be quite addictive lol

That’s a very nice one. Great that it still has the original chinstrap. I have the exact same model in the same dark overpaint. I’d really like a lighter horizon blue example and one with the post war brass service plaque.

Andy

Thanks Andy! They could have been from the same unit but we will never know And yes the horizon blue ones are getting harder and harder to find but I recently picked one up not to long ago, my next one will be a horizon blue artillery!

A nice helmet! The second pattern liner places this as being manufactured from 1916 on wards. Very few chinstraps survive due to them being so thin. I have several Model 1915 helmets. This 'Japy' manufactured helmet is missing it's chinstrap, but retains all of its first pattern liner. The infantry helmet is also an early one with first pattern liner and chinstrap - and is named too.

Cheers,
    Steve

M1915 Adrian midnight blueM1915 Adrian midnight blue

That’s a nice early horizon blue one you have there! And the name to boot