Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes

Article about: The colonial French army received in the early days of ww1 the light blue coloured adrian helmet with the grenade (infantery), then the helmets were repainted in a darker shade of blue. The

Default mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes

The colonial French army received in the early days of ww1 the light blue coloured adrian helmet with the grenade (infantery), then the helmets were repainted in a darker shade of blue. The insigne (in the form of a moon) of the colonial army was only given in august 1915. In 1916 the helmets for the colonial army were painted in light kaki (mostard) to fit with the new colour of the uniform and helmets already in use were painted in the field.
    On the inside of the helmet you can see traces of a light blue and the black spots may be traces of the darker blue that became almost black with time (but that is something I am not sure). For some reason I do not know the rest of the inside of the helmet has lost its colour.
    The liner may be replaced (wartime or post-wartime ?)as its seems quite new in comparison with the helmet. Also the rivet of the chinstrap seems to be 'abused' but this kind of chinstrap was used in ww1.
    First picture as additional information : my light blue M15 adrian helmet with grenade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes   mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes  

mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes   mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes  

mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes   mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes  

mostard coloured M15 adrian colonial troupes  

My Compliments, they're both in "Honest Condition" too...We rarely see Adrians with Desert Camouflage...

As France is a neighbour of Belgium (where I live) these helmets are a bit easier to get here. But this one is still scarce. The american with the insigne of the ambulance corps remains a wet dream of me