Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic

Article about: Enclosed pictures of new addition which I like but would welcome comments, binoculars case dated 1918, is the rest period? Tunic is slightly tatty and worn all over as you will see which giv

?

Default Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic

Enclosed pictures of new addition which I like but would welcome comments, binoculars case dated 1918, is the rest period? Tunic is slightly tatty and worn all over as you will see which gives me some comfort and a generally warm feeling.

No tailors tags so is it an issue tunic? Thoughts on dates etc also appreciated.

Many thanks
    Tietze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic   Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic  

Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic   Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic  

Cuff rank tunics were mostly phased out during the Great war though a few are seen post war. It looks period to me from the not great pictures and the moths appear to have liked it. The tailors label might have come adrift or is inside an inner pocket perhaps.

A good pick up IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It is prewar, the closed stand collar and 'twisted' shoulder boards - often worn by territorial officers. I can get more details later from my books but here is a sample WW1 British Army Officer. | WWI | Pinterest

Royal Artillery Lieutenant Tunic

looks like you got to it just in time.