Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

semi relic MKI with modern over paint

Article about: I bought this as a relatively cheap buy it now from ebay and I thought I could see it had a modern overpaint on it underneath as it covers the broken chinstrap lugs/loops. Once it was in my

Default semi relic MKI with modern over paint

I bought this as a relatively cheap buy it now from ebay and I thought I could see it had a modern overpaint on it underneath as it covers the broken chinstrap lugs/loops.
    Once it was in my hands it was obvious the paint underneath was modern and with a bit of cleaning showed itself to be water based which came off with some scrubbing with a soft scourer and some cold water. Looking more closely at the exterior I could see the same was true and I gave it a clean to reveal the original textured khaki paint underneath which is very similar to own I own and another I used to have.
    The original paint survives quite well on most of the helmet except underneath the rim and it displays nicely now as a semi relic imo.
    There is an odd white stripe painted? on the top of the crown?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture semi relic MKI with modern over paint   semi relic MKI with modern over paint  

semi relic MKI with modern over paint   semi relic MKI with modern over paint  

semi relic MKI with modern over paint   semi relic MKI with modern over paint  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.